3-Tier Bottle Bento #47

 


Sometimes, I overcomplicate food, I know. This is not one of those times, I think. Here we have some no bake vanilla birthday cake energy bites (recipe from No Meat Fast Feet), coconut yogurt topped with strawberry preserves, and a chunks of mango and kiwi.

These energy bites were an excuse to use some of my protein powder, since I hardly ever use it (I hate what it does to smoothies). These cakey bites were good, but not as good as a bunch of other varieties I've made without protein powder. I am beginning to think I am just not a protein powder person. Although this is disappointing because it would make life easier if I was, this is good to know.

This yogurt had a weird aftertaste so I added jam to balance things out; it worked out really well, not least because it was my absolute favorite jam (Bonne Maman strawberry preserves). But of course you know that "fruit on the bottom" yogurt is very similar--it's essentially jam--so that's not surprising, is it?

A perfectly ripe mango served with a perfectly ripe kiwi is a marriage made in heaven. I really need to remember to eat more mango.

Comments

  1. Mango season was so short here this year, I feel like I barely got to eat any before they vanished off the shelves. Well, at least the good mangoes. We have a number of varieties here, but some of them are tasteless. Kingston Prides forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine having more than a couple of mango options. Honey mango and just plain mango are all we ever have here and honey mango rarely appears.

      Delete
  2. I over complicate food all the time so I hear ya! But all of yours looks and sounds AMAZING! (Jennifer, here, btw)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts