Sequestration Meal #419

 


I had some leftover cheesy broccoli soup that I thought would make a good basis for a casserole, so I made a kind of raid-the-fridge tater tot casserole in a cast iron skillet (because I only wanted to wash one dish). I started by sautéing veggies in canola oil (onion, bell pepper, carrot, celery, mushrooms, garlic), then adding some of my preferred recipe for TVP faux ground beef, the soup, and some frozen peas. I topped this mixture with some Daiya cheddar and tater tots and baked it until it was bubbly and the tater tots were done.

This is not the sort of food that looks good dished out, but it looks pretty in the pan and it tastes great. It would look prettier with a fresh parsley garnish, which I would have added were I a proper food blogger. And it was great to make it on a day I was getting a lot of emergency weather notifications about a freak set of snow squalls. (Snow squalls are so weird. Just abrupt, heavy snow out of nowhere. That's even weirder in early spring!)

This was great for having leftovers, too. To paraphrase one of you from a recent comment thread, long live tater tots!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts