Sequestration Meal #419

 


I won't give you a recipe for my soy curls chick'n and dumplings here yet because I used a lot of leftovers in this one, but I really do feel I've cracked the code on the dumplings and that's so satisfying! Soft pillowy dumplings cooked in a creamy broth--such a comforting meal. And they really aren't difficult. My problem had been overcomplicating it, I think, but now I feel like I know exactly how to make them and have them turn out to be delicious.

It's a little odd that I keep showing you these foods associated with cold weather, but snow gave way to chilly rains and I'm just in the mood for this stuff, I guess. Maybe it's good inspiration for the Southern hemisphere.

I did plan to put potatoes in this soup and I forgot. That would be my main critique of myself. Does one need potatoes, given that the dumplings are there? One doesn't, but one likes them.

Comments

  1. One always needs potatoes. LOL
    Definitely planning on making some dumplings when the cooler weather arrives!
    We are finally having a few days of slightly cooler weather. Still not chilly, but we didn;t have to turn the aircon on at all yesterday. Hurrah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think today and yesterday were our first truly "hot" days, as we measure that--it was about 83F out there or something, but the rains took away the heat. Not a whole lot of warm cozy meals for a while for me, I assume!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts