Interlude: Thanksgiving Vacation

 

I took Thanksgiving week off this year. Last year, taking Thanksgiving week off turned out to be really great for me, and so far I've been really happy with this choice. But I'm not celebrating Thanksgiving itself. I have other goals, other ways I want to take care of myself.

I suspect I'll be eating leftovers on Thanksgiving Day, and I'll pause posting for the holiday itself. After a long, hard slog where just about every day I had off for the past six months somehow involved a doctor's appointment of some sort (I'm fine; I just have a lot of doctors to visit because a lot of them are monitoring me), a whole week to myself is water in the desert. I'm not sure I'd even call it a "staycation" as much as a private retreat.

So I've been cooking a bit less, but making more of it when I do, like this breakfast of orange juice, hash brown casserole (more on that in a future breakfast compilation), toast with margarine and strawberry jam, a kind of mini spinach omelet made from JUST Egg, and a few Beyond Breakfast sausage links. And I've been communing with nature. I hung out with some ducks at a local lake on the day I had that breakfast.

I am having a successful holiday so far. And don't think I won't have all the Thanksgiving goodies of my dreams at some point this winter; I have a long list of elaborate side dishes to try out. It's only that I needed to hit pause for a bit. I'll see you on the other side of the pause.

Whatever you're doing, I wish you all every happiness this season.

Comments

  1. enjoy your break and please do replenish yourself. i look forward to your return and those great forth coming vegan sides.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They may not be immediately forthcoming, but there are definitely some winter vegetables calling my name! I've really had a great time this week. Here's to giving ourselves what we need, whether or not other people understand us.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts