Sequestration Meal #495

 


I had half a can of coconut milk and half a block of tofu in the fridge, so I went looking for a recipe to knock out both at once. Cut in half, this recipe for Golden Tofu Coconut Curry from Simple Veganista, served with rice and sprinkled with cilantro, worked out beautifully, especially since I already had everything on hand.

I tried to be slightly too fancy with my plating and it didn't work out according to plan, but live and learn! It was really delicious. I used the suggested unsweetened soy milk rather than water or broth to boost the protein, which is why the color of my curry is a bit more subdued than the original, but it's still golden and beautiful as it is, studded with colorful veggies. I rarely use tofu in soup (and I do consider this a soup), but it's a great addition if you can simmer it for a while in a flavorful broth so it soaks it all in.

The original recipe suggests black rice for serving, but I didn't have any and I prefer, generally, to use black rice as a coloring agent than to eat it straight (but do try cooking up a tablespoon of black rice in a cup of white rice sometime, and enjoy the purple result!). I used Calrose rice, and it was a fine accompaniment.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts