Sequestration Meal #498

 


I have had cauliflower steaks on the brain lately, but I wanted to try something different from my usual pattern of having them with quinoa, so I went with this recipe from The Plant Based Wok for roasted cauliflower steak with sweet potato puree and lentils, which included two sauces (tahini and cilantro lime).

It was pretty good, but I was surprised that it didn't really have you season the sweet potato. I ended up adding salt and pepper to mine anyway. I also used my own lentils, cooked from dried, which may have been less salty than the canned lentils called for in the recipe. Hard to say.

I don't know that I did a great job of making it look good on camera, between the lighting and the gloopy sauces, but I was pretty satisfied with my efforts here. And if you're looking for a new meal free of all major allergens, this one can fit the bill nicely!

Comments

  1. I think this looks very pretty and fancy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! There is always something somewhat fancy about double sauces, probably.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts