Sequestration Meal #503

 


I hope you had a good Thanksgiving, if you celebrated it! And if you didn't (either because you weren't up to it like me or you aren't American), I hope you had a good Thursday. 

Here we have a remarkably successful "let's clear out the fridge" meal, because I had some homemade cashew-based cheese sauce leftover from something else, and some broccoli that desperately needed cooking. So I used the end of a box of pasta shells and put that with some of the sauce and garnished it with smoked paprika. I added a bit too much pasta water and it ended up thinner than planned but it worked. With that, I had some peas and carrots (my recipe here), some broccoli chickpea nuggets (recipe from Elavegan), and some spicy ketchup (ketchup mixed with sriracha) to dip the nuggets in.

I wouldn't have set out to make this if I were buying ingredients, but that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy it! It was a nice avoiding-the-world meal.

Comments

  1. I'm a big fan of avoiding the world where needed. This looks lovely. No Thanksgiving for me being Australian. Though every single Australian business has latched on to black friday sales and my inbox has just been ridiculous for the last week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not understand why anyone would have a Black Friday without Thanksgiving weekend (and thus people all having the day off to shop). Hmm.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts