Monbento Original #60 (Single Tier)

 

You didn't see this the fist time around, but leftovers are just as pretty! Here we have roasted delicata squash and brussels sprouts with maple glaze, pomegranate arils, and fresh thyme (recipe from Jessica Gavin) and a few slices of some Field Roast stuffed celebration roast (onion and sage flavor).

Perhaps you'll recall that I bought some roasts over the holidays to have later with elaborate sides; this was truly simple to make but it was along the lines of what I meant when I said that. Were I make a full-on holiday meal, obviously I'd pull out more stops, but for an average winter day, this was wonderful.

Comments

  1. Looks beautiful. I wish I could get delicata squash here, it is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very pretty, yes! We couldn't get it in stores until a few years ago. Something to do with a squash blight. So it's new to me, too! It's a lot like acorn squash, in my opinion. You could probably substitute that (peeled, though) in many recipes.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts