Sequestration Meal #527

 


I was in the mood for a chickpea salad sandwich, but not a tuna-style one, so I went looking for another recipe. This one from Simple Veganista fit the bill, as an eggy one. I usually make eggless salad with tofu, but variety is the spice of life and chickpeas are cheaper than tofu (which is something that matters to me these days). I put tomatoes, spinach, cucumber, and black olives on whole wheat toast with the chickpea salad and put some barbecue corn chips on the side.

Though the texture is still definitely chickpeas, black salt did make it eggy, and it was a really satisfying meal! It was extraordinarily messy to eat, however; I think this may go better in a pita pocket or a wrap. I'm no pita pocket person but I will probably test the salad that remains in a wrap.

I'm trying to find some balance in how much time I spend preparing food and how much money I spend preparing food, and I'm not sure I've found my groove yet. Bread is frightfully expensive these days and I theoretically can make my own, but a while ago I gave myself permission to buy bread and just stopped eating as much of it rather than freaking out about the price. The chips were on sale and a nice treat. I'm doing my best, and I think that's all I can ask of myself.

Comments

Popular Posts