Sequestration Meal #530

 


I've found the dump-and-bake casseroles at From My Bowl to be ingenious, and so, as I continue to try to make life easier for myself, I decided to make Caitlin's no-boil mushroom stroganoff casserole. It did not disappoint me, but I would say that it's a distinct flavor from stroganoff, more of a creamy mushroom pasta, I'd say. It just wasn't quite stroganoff to me.

To boost the protein, I used some protein-infused penne, but I appreciated that this recipe already used cashew butter and I didn't feel the need to add a meat substitute as a result of that combination. I also swapped dried parsley for the fresh, since it was a garnish and I didn't have any fresh parsley on hand. (I am, however, starting to slowly collect little herb plants for my kitchen window again, so parsley will probably end up in that mix at some point.)

This one was a use-it-up meal. I'd initially planned on something else. Altogether, this was a win! I probably won't make this specific casserole again, but I do love finding ways to just chuck ingredients in the oven for a while and pull out dinner later. Please let me know if you know of other casseroles that may work this way, too.

Comments

  1. I love the idea of dump and bake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great! You don't have to do anything but wait for it to finish!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts