Sequestration Meal #525

 


This looks a bit strange, but it was lovely: Steamed rice, miso-glazed tofu steaks (recipe from Oh My Veggies), chili-garlic broccoli stir fry (recipe from America's Test Kitchen Cooking for Two 2011), and some veggie gyoza I had in my freezer. I also made a simple dipping sauce to go with my gyoza.

I don't know if the miso tofu needed the extra sauce, but it does cut down on food waste, so I went with it. And it is tasty! It just looks weird. If I were to make this again, I might serve the sauce on the side for dipping.

The broccoli wasn't as spicy as I would have liked; I think all the spicy peanut butter ramen I've eaten has increased my spice tolerance. So I added sriracha to my dipping sauce and dipped the broccoli in as well as the gyoza, and I was a happy camper.

Although I eat a lot of broccoli anyway, this is broccoli season; I should be diving in with both feet, right?

Comments

  1. This sounds like an excellent meal! Miso glazed tofu? Outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tofu leftovers (without the sauce) served me really well!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts