Sequestration Meal #529

 


In an effort to, well, make less effort, I made this dump-and-bake butternut squash casserole with brown rice and white beans I found at From My Bowl. I substituted leeks for shallots and spinach for kale (which was a suggested option anyway), and I cut it in half, but otherwise I made it as written, including the optional rosemary garlic cashew cream sauce.

It's a delicious casserole, and the sauce really makes it especially good. I don't think it would stand alone as a meal without the sauce, partly because it's so light, but with the sauce it has staying power. 

I also liked that this was a seasonal meal, but unlike many wintery foods, it's not too involved. It makes sense that so many wintery recipes are involved ones--we have a lot of holidays that are food-focused--but sometimes, you just want to dump a bunch of stuff in a pan and stick it in the oven for an hour.

Without the sauce, this is free of all major allergens; it is otherwise soy and gluten free.

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure I have never made a bad cashew cream! Cashew creams for the win!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts