Sequestration Meal #521

 


Here we have a fun combination: A tofu fish filet (recipe from It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken), orzo risotto with spinach and mushrooms (recipe from The Hidden Veggies), and lemony carrots with yellow squash (recipe from American Wholefoods Cuisine (1983)).

I'd made the tofu salmon filet from It Doesn't Taste Like Chicken, which uses a similar technique to make a flaky texture, so I was pretty sure this was going to turn out really well--and it did! Plus, when I made the marinade, I was struck by how ocean-like it smelled. This reminds me so much of a delicate, mild fish, and I am sure I could use it in any number of other ways.

The orzo risotto was a little annoying to make due to all that stirring, but it went really well with the "fish." Plus, it's mushroom season; now is the time for mushroom everything (though, to be fair, with me it's practically always time for mushroom everything). I enjoyed it, but I'd probably make something simpler next time.

I'm glad I gave the lemony carrots and yellow squash recipe another chance; true to my expectations, this slightly cinnamony, lemony side went really well with a mild tofu main. All in all, a successful meal.

Comments

  1. Not to hyperfixate on one tiny detail, but I cannot get over how beautifully sliced your squash are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one of those but I am convinced that even with the guard I will slice my fingers off because I am kind of clumsy so I have never used it!

      Delete
    2. I understand! I always use the guard and I slice SLOWLY, but even so I feel unsure I'm going to make it through unscathed.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts