Sequestration Meal #531

 


I was looking for something simple and easy; this was maybe not as easy as it could have been but sometimes that's life! Here we have some lemon-soy tofu steaks (recipe from Cook for Your Life) and linguine with broccoli-walnut pesto (recipe from The Veg Space) and some chopped tomato for color and because it needed to be eaten.

It wasn't difficult, mind you. It was just more effort than I should have put in on the day I made it. Oh, well! It was tasty! 

Those tofu steaks have long been one of my favorite ways to have tofu. They're actually the easy part of this meal--just press the tofu, then bake it in the lemon-soy marinade without having to actually leave it to marinate, and it somehow soaks up all the goodness anyway.

As broccoli is seasonal right now, I wanted to celebrate it in a way that was different than just adding some florets to the plate. This creamy sauce is a fun way to do that! And honestly I don't think it's hard, either, but it does have a few steps. It turns out green and flavorful, so long as you add enough salt (most home cooks don't--and hey, I get it, I keep my sodium intake as reasonable as I can, but you do need some salt).

At least I was left with some extras for later in the week, so all my effort will reward me with later possibilities for laziness. (Reframe leftovers, people! They're deposits in your laziness bank for when you need a withdrawal!)

Comments

  1. This looks like a perfect dinner. I definitely have to try those tofu steaks. And I don't think I've ever made broccoli pesto. I made regular pesto last night, as basil is in very good form right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my first time for broccoli pesto, too! Basil is so lovely in season.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts