Sequestration Meal #528

 


I didn't follow my recipes exactly here, and though this was a nice idea for a meal and one I'd like to give another try to, this isn't quite there yet. Oh, well. Sometimes we just have to do what we can. So: Veggie meatballs in a tangy cranberry sauce, potatoes and leeks dauphinoise, and steamed broccoli.

I think the sauce was too vinegary for these meatballs, but it was otherwise pretty good. I've made this before by making my own meatballs, but this time I just used frozen, and I thinned out the sauce a bit so I could simmer the meatballs in it. It just wasn't quite the right thing here, so this will require more experimentation.

I didn't have cream for the potatoes, so I used soy milk with vegan butter, and I just don't think it worked out. I should have used a cashew cream sauce. But hey. It was potatoes, leeks, and cheese, and ultimately that's not going to be bad anyway. 

The broccoli was just a bit sad to begin with so we won't say anything more about that.

But we do our best, and hope for better things tomorrow.

Comments

Popular Posts