Monbento Square #48 (Double Tier)

 

Bentos are sometimes the very best thing for rounding up odds and ends in the fridge, and I really outdid myself here:

  • A sandwich on whole grain bread with vegan mayo, Italian fusion tofu, non-dairy smoked provolone (for which I had a coupon, so it fit in with low spend month), and romaine lettuce
  • A little cup of chocolate chips and vegan mini marshmallows
  • A little cup of berry granola
  • A sliced nectarine
  • A salad made from bits of carrot and cucumber I had left over from making summer rolls alongside some tomatoes and blanched broccoli in a homemade ranch-style dressing
I looked forward to this lunch all morning at work, then got really excited to eat it. It was great, there in my car on a finally not-too-hot-to-bear day, with an insulated mug of herbal tea. My favorite part of this probably the salad, which I made simply because I needed to use up those cut veggies, but oh what a salad; this is my kind of salad. I am not a big leafy greens person, though I wish I was. But this? I will have a pile of veggies in a delicious dressing anytime.

Here's to making it through! And spending less, and finding a tiny, itty bitty spark of joy. I have eaten probably way too much tofu lately, but I don't regret it.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts