What I Ate in a Day #29 (Low Spend Month Version)

 More variations on a theme? Well, yes. But that's how I manage, sometimes...

This day started with orange juice and the end of my homemade tofu cream cheese on multigrain toast. One has maple pumpkin butter, chia seeds, and hemp seeds; the other has orange marmalade and sesame seeds. Both were excellent.


For lunch, I had a salad of romaine lettuce, red bell pepper, and scallions with "Salad Toppins" (it's the actual name; basically, little crunchy protein-y things) and a dressing made from a bit of vegan mayo and some light Italian dressing. With that, I have leftover RightRice and beefless filets with onion sauce. I was out of onion sauce, so I made more on the morning I packed it; this was a good choice. You can never, ever have too much onion sauce.


Dinner was a round up of stuff in the fridge that needed to be eaten prior to my next batch of cooking. I have an Yves veggie bologna and Daiya American cheese sandwich on whole grain bread with vegan mayo, a bit of leftover cucumber salad (which looks dreary but basically just tastes like fresh dill pickles--yum!), and a pasta salad I made from leftover tomato salad and leftover pasta in a cashew cream sauce.

For the pasta salad, I literally just dumped the pasta into the tomato salad, added a spoon of vegan mayo and a few shakes of seasoned salt, and stirred it up. It was amazing; absolutely no complaints.

Not pictured, as per the usual patterns, I had a multivitamin, an algae-based DHA supplement, and some dark chocolate.

As a full day goes, this is both good and not-so-good; I would like to have had more fruit. But I still have fresh things here, and veggies, and proteins, and the leftovers I have are things I loved. I give it an A-.


Comments

Popular Posts