What I Ate in a Day #28 (Low Spend Month Version)

 Here we are again. It's both redundant, and not! And I figure that may be helpful to people.


Another entry in the series of cream cheese toast and a smoothie (I've had many more versions of this than you've seen, to be fair, so maybe you're not tired of seeing the combo yet--and fortunately, I've varied it enough to not get bored with it myself). This toast has that homemade cream cheese, maple pumpkin butter, hemp seeds, chia seeds, and quinoa puffs. The smoothie is a pomegranate-banana-peanut butter one from this recipe at Go Dairy Free. I really loved this smoothie, and it helped use some of the almost-forgotten pomegranate arils in the freezer.

On this day, I was working from home. When I wanted a snack, it suddenly occurred to me that I'd prepped snacks over the weekend, since I didn't buy any; I somehow forgot about them. So I had a few of them from my fridge, with thanks to weekend me.


These are apricot energy balls from the recipe at Three Little Chickpeas. These are great; I would have them again in a heartbeat. I mostly made them because I already had the ingredients on hand (this is my perpetual budget strategy: Make whatever you want, but just don't buy stuff, if you have stuff).


Lunch was leftover baby corn Manchurian, smashed cucumber salad with peanuts, and steamed rice. This was also great.


Dinner was leftover RightRice, beefless filets with onion sauce, and leftover tomato salad on a bed of romaine lettuce. I'm not sure why I wanted to put my tomato salad on romaine, but it added some green and some crunch, and I really enjoyed my dinner. You can never have too much onion sauce, of course. I always run out before I run out of filets, even though this time I doubled the recipe...but that's okay, it's easy to make more.

Not pictured, I also had a multivitamin, an algae-based DHA supplement, some herbal tea, and some dark chocolate.

As far as these full-day blog posts go, this was the best one so far in this low spend month. It may not be as fully seasonal as I like things to be, but I still got plenty of fruits and veggies and my food satisfied me. Success is often measured as something that is just good enough. And this is definitely, unquestionably, a good enough effort.


Comments

Popular Posts