What I Ate in a Day #25 (Low Spend Month Version)

Here we properly embark on my low spend August adventure! I do still spend some money. There are staples to get and a need for not triggering the deprivation feelings, and I can't cook all the time, so I will need some convenience foods, still. But I am mostly focused on what I already have, and not indulging in endless bowls of fresh berries (sigh). Here's what an early August day in that vein looks like.

Breakfast was orange juice, some homemade breakfast potatoes, a frozen veggie sausage, and some Ezekiel toast with margarine and jam. I am still not a big fan of Ezekiel bread, but I need to eat it, and honestly it wasn't bad like this! This was a pretty good breakfast.

Lunch was leftover "chicken" (soy curls) and rice slow cooker casserole that I mixed with some spicy peanut sauce and topped with sriracha and some steamed broccoli and carrots. I think of all the things I've done with my leftover casserole (you'll see more of them), this was my favorite. But then again I love peanut butter. (I am being brave using the sriracha despite the shortage.) This was really good, even if it looks weird.


A while ago, I bought some Fritos and canned Hormel vegetarian chili to have on hand for Frito chili pie if I needed a quick meal sometime. For reasons I won't go into, I needed to break that out for this dinner, rather than properly cooking. It's topped with some Violife Tex-Mex shreds, iceberg lettuce, and red onion. This was really good!

Not pictured, I also had a multivitamin, an algae-based DHA supplement, and some chocolate chips.

It's not a perfect day, but it was a good one. I got some veggies and fruit juice in and got through my day. I'm kind of excited to see how the rest of this low spend adventure shapes up.


Comments

  1. I have heard there is a sriracha shortage over there! It is too spicy for me, so I am not sure if that is also over here because I never look for it. But so many people love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get other brands, but not the most popular one (Huy Fong Foods). I have plenty of sriracha to get me through to the fall, when it may return (it has to do with droughts in Mexico and the red jalapenos that one needs), but so far as that goes I could just try something new, like a normal person. I'm just really set in my ways.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts