Sequestration Meal #619

 


Now we're talking! It's time for Chinese food! Or some semblance thereof! This is steamed rice, smashed cucumber salad with peanuts, and baby corn Manchurian (attempting to follow the recipe at Easy Cooking with Molly).

I say I attempted the recipe because it was extremely confusing, and thus I made a lot of assumptions to fill in the gaps. The dish turned out well, but I think only because I am an experienced cook. However, I love baby corn, and I don't get to eat it that much, so I'm really happy to have had this. It was spicy and sweet in the best way, and went really well with rice and cucumber salad.

The cucumber salad is from The Woks of Life, but I added peanuts to boost the protein in this meal. It worked out beautifully.

Nothing about this screamed "low spend," so this is probably my favorite meal of this month's challenge so far!

Comments

Popular Posts