What I Ate in a Day #26 (Low Spend Month Version)

 You're not going to get a full day of eating for all of this month, but I do have another one for you today!

I started out with these snickerdoodle protein bites (recipe from The Vegan 8). They were delicious, but of course one can't live on protein bites alone.

So I made a strawberry cucumber smoothie (recipe from Sip Sip Smoothie). The cucumber is a nice flavor layer here; I'd have this again.


For lunch, I made some pasta salad out of some leftover linguine you saw last week originally, adding some corn, vegan mayo, and extra non-dairy Parmesan cheese. Alongside that, I had some steamed French beans and yellow squash, both of which were fine at room temperature. This was a good lunch.


When dinnertime came around, I was way too tired for proper plating, though this messy bowl has its own charm so we'll go with it. I made some cashew cream sauce to go with my leftover chick'n and brown rice casserole, and when that was heated and mixed in, I topped it off with some leftover steamed broccoli and carrots.

Not pictured, I had a multivitamin, an algae-based DHA supplement, and some dark chocolate.

Although I find it a bit hard to stick to my goals here, I think sharing my efforts with you helps! And varying the sauces with the casserole leftovers is one of my better ideas, because even though I had some version of the casserole every day for a solid week, it definitely did not feel like it was the same food over and over.

Share your favorite budget meal ideas! I have a whole month to get through here!


Comments

  1. I am finding this series very helpful as i am also in need of streching my money and other resoures (ie. energy) as much as possible. I love hearing your creative ideas and you are doing a much better job than i am. Thanks for the inspiration to keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have excellent creative ideas, as always. I am bookmarking those protein balls, I love snickerdoodles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really good! I did find the mix a bit too wet at first, so they were lumps at first--but they firmed up in the fridge and I was able to make them into balls.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts