Sequestration Meal #625

 


This may seem like a strange combination, but I loved it! Here we have nectarine summer rolls with peanut sauce and hobak buchim (Korean savory zucchini pancakes) with a slightly spicy dipping sauce.

The recipe for the summer rolls is at Lazy Cat Kitchen, with some low spend modifications, i.e., I used romaine lettuce and some red bell pepper I already had on hand rather than the types of lettuce and sweet red peppers specified in the original ingredient list. I had everything I needed for this otherwise before my last grocery trip except a cucumber and nectarines. Nectarines were one of the fruits I allowed myself in this moderate-spend trip, and I happily bought a big bag for the "family size" discount. I may be eating a lot of nectarines soon, but they're one of my favorite summer fruits, and I haven't had them yet this year.

I used peanut butter rather than almond butter to make it a bit more budget friendly, too, as suggested if it was one's preference. These would be great with almond butter, but I never feel deprived when peanut butter is in the picture.

So yes, nectarine summer rolls are not so much a thing you'd normally have alongside Korean pancakes, but I just didn't care; I know this is vaguely Asian with no specific anchor point. But nectarines in a summer roll are sort of fusion food anyway, aren't they? Cravings don't have to be logical.

I just loved my last batch of these zucchini pancakes so much, and I still had all the ingredients on hand, that it made perfect sense to just whip up another batch. They were still absolutely delicious. I have no complaints there.

Meals don't always have to make sense. They just have to be tasty. And sometimes, you just use what you've got, and it's fine.

Comments

  1. This sounds wonderful, especially those summer rolls. I must remember them for summer here.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts