Monbento Original #42

 


I almost didn't show this to you, but this is, after all, an authentic journal of my life in food, so I should show you when I eat something gruel-like. But this was really tasty gruel.

This meal was a clear-the-fridge combination in anticipation of heading to the grocery store. It consisted of some leftover canned lentil soup mixed with a bit of leftover rice and some Earth Balance (I swear a bit of butter elevates lentil soup to ambrosia), potato salad (of course, it was endless) and half a pear, cut into slices.

Nothing special, but not bad, and it got me through another day.

Comments

  1. Lentils are non-photogenic for sure, but I love them and this looks like a fantastic lunch to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In less-pressured times, I'd probably pair my brown lentils with a nice green salad with colorful veggies, but you know, this also works!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts