Monbento Original #43

 


Happy Friday! I know I was excited it was Friday.

This is a fridge-and-freezer special: Leftover rice with nori furikake, a frozen vegan egg roll (they have those now! Imagine that! And after I went to all that trouble to make my own recipe for them), some nuggets in an improvisational lemon-soy glaze with scallions, and my go-to vegetable side of mushrooms, tomatoes, and spinach with a splash of soy sauce and some sesame seeds.

Aside from putting too much lemon juice in my nugget sauce, I think I did pretty well with this one. It was a really satisfying lunch. No prepackaged frozen egg roll will ever be as good to me as my own homemade ones, but we already knew that, I assume. I'm still excited that these are available to me now, for those days when I just can't even dream of cooking a whole meal.

Comments

  1. It's amazing the things they are coming out with! I don't know if I have ever had an egg roll, we don't have them here. Australia is all about the spring roll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have that recipe if you ever want to try making your own. Egg roll wrappers are essentially just fresh pasta sheets filled with veggies and sometimes proteins and then deep fried. (It's the deep frying that really makes them special, I think.)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts