Sequestration Meal #364

 

Sometimes, I really just want to eat vegetables and rice. So I compromise with myself and add some beans.

This was the rice pilaf from Cookery for 1 or 2, veganized with Earth Balance instead of butter; sautéed zucchini and tomatoes (quickly becoming my absolute favorite way to eat zucchini), and garlic spinach and white beans (recipe from Well Seasoned Studio). I was also going to have some steamed carrots and some sautéed mushrooms, but I got too tired. But that's fine. There's always the opportunity for more veggies in the packed lunch version of this meal!

Genuinely, is there anything better than a meal of well-seasoned vegetables? I may love burgers and nuggets and all of the quick and easy things, but every so often I just rebel against all the norms and make it all about the veggies. This happens to also be the most allergy-friendly of my meals. If you make the rice pilaf with oil or with the soy-free version of Earth Balance, it's soy free. And it's already gluten free and nut free.

And this is the season of my favorite veggies! The zucchini is at the end of its season, but there are all sorts of delicious things awaiting me--winter squashes, brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, parsnips...

Here's hoping I find the energy to relish them all.

Comments

  1. I love a huge pile of vegetables, there is something just so lovely about it. Sounds like you have some autumn vegetables just around the corner to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts