Monbento Original #45

 


All things considered, I'm pretty proud of how well I did on this bento!

I started by making veggie fried rice (onions, mushrooms, broccoli stems, carrots, edamame, garlic, ginger, soy sauce, rice, and a chopped folded JUST Egg), which I topped with sesame seeds and scallions. I then pulled out one of those too-spicy flat dumplings that needs greasy things to be palatable and pan-fried it. In some of the remaining oil, I sautéed some spinach and tomatoes. I added a cup of simple dipping sauce (soy sauce, rice vinegar, water, mirin, and sesame oil) and some cucumber half-moons to round it out. A perfectly satisfying meal!

Sometimes, I'm finding some brightness in the overwhelming dark. Not always, but sometimes. In any case, a good lunch nearly always helps.

Comments

  1. Very nice! You have such impressive variety in your lunches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something about bento boxes that encourages that. It's one of the reasons I love them so much.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts