Sequestration Meal #367

 


I had some of those little green French lentils that really needed using, so I went looking for something that sounded good and used what I had. I settled on this vegan mushroom, lemon, and lentil salad from Everyday Delicious. If you're looking for allergy friendly options, this is another good one--no gluten, nuts, or soy.

I had the arugula, although I can't recall what my intentions were in buying it--lately I'm suffering from poor executive function sometimes and grocery shopping has become just a thing that happens out of habit, and often the best I can manage to do in terms of a list is to write "green vegetable" or "something leafy" on my list and then buy whatever seems to be priced the best. I have an easier time figuring out one meal at a time out of what I have here than choosing a week or two's menus and buying in accordance with it. It's working out for me, though I wish, at times, I could plan better and be more intentional.

In any case, although I think the preparation method was a bit fussy, this is a delicious salad, and one I can highly recommend. The flavors blended so well! I really should eat more lentils and I am not that successful at doing it. I may need to cave and stop trying to buy dried lentils and just use canned or frozen, since I so often buy lentils and struggle to get them cooked, even though I love them. But it may also be the case that whatever tough season I'm going through of heavily compounded trauma will come to an end at some point and then I'll be the person I am in my head, someone who can manage to do things like boil my own lentils and decide ahead of time what I'm going to be cooking.

Take care of yourself as best you can, out there.

Comments

  1. I always have a tin of lentils in the cupboard for when I just can't be bothered making lentils from scratch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is smart. I rarely see canned lentils, but I think Trader Joe's sells frozen ones. I'll find out sooner or later.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts