ToGoWare 2-Tier Tiffin #28

 

Apple slices, smoked almonds, a homemade lemon salad dressing, and a salad of arugula, tomato, red onion, avocado, cucumber, and vegan feta.

I'm really gravitating toward simple things lately. Having vegetables, some fruit, and some nuts is one of the original vegan staples, since well before anyone had the word "vegan." And it definitely doesn't require too much thinking. But I'm glad to live in an era when I get to have vegan feta, because that added a lot of nice, salty depth to this salad.

In the interest of full disclosure, I got the idea to make this salad from this omnivore recipe, though the proportions are different; the ratio of arugula to other things is much higher in my salad than the original. And my avocado was one of those sad ones where about half of it was no longer edible, so I didn't get as much avocado in mine, sadly.

But it was still good. We get through our days however we can. When grocery shopping consists of the randomness that my trips consist of lately, we just have to pull whatever we can together. And arugula goes so well with a lemony dressing that I didn't feel deprived of avocado.

The combination of apples and nuts is one I often forget about being utterly fantastic, but it is really good, and the smokiness was so nice here. Obviously, if we all love apples dipped in nut butter, apple butter just with nuts would be lovely, too.

Comments

  1. I love smoked almonds, I need to get some next time I see them. Apple and smoked almond sounds like a wonderful combination.
    I am sorry about the avocado, that is always such a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Avocadoes are kind of a perpetual risk, I think!

      Delete
    2. Avocados are a high stakes game, that's for sure. But the payoff is worth it, when you get a perfect one!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts