Sequestration Meal #365


 It had gotten chilly and was definite soup weather, so I made this creamy pasta soup (recipe from ElaVegan). I cut the recipe in half and it was perfect, using up half a can of white beans I had open in the fridge, the last of my broccoli florets, and some of the gigli pasta I still had on hand. I even had a bit of fresh parsley in the fridge for the garnish. 

This soup was pretty tasty, though a bit of shredded Violife Parmesan elevated it considerably. It just needed something. I also don't really think I'm fully on board with bean-based cream sauces. I'd rather have whole beans in the soup and use more cashew cream, or use coconut milk or something. This is probably healthier, though, and it had the added benefit of using things I already had. Although I'm not in heavy pantry-clearing mode anymore, and I do replace some things as I use them up now, I am trying to be diligent and concentrate on using what I have and not having quite so much on hand.

Comments

  1. This looks lovely and creamy. I agree with the bean-based creamy sauces, there just is something about them. I still like them well enough, but a cashew-cream sauce is the way to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think I miss the fat, which is why the cheese helped so much. Maybe adding cheese to the beany soups is the way to go.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts