ECO Lunch Box Three-in-One #94


This is probably one of those meals that most people would think of if you asked them what vegans eat. But you know, sometimes stereotypes are delicious.

This is a bacon (Sweet Earth veggie bacon), lettuce, avocado, and tomato salad with some added yellow bell pepper (got to get through these peppers!) and some homemade creamy herb dressing (effectively vegan ranch); butternut peanuts (which have no dairy); croutons; and a winter fruit salad with a sweet poppy seed dressing (bananas, clementine segments, kiwi, mango, and pomegranate arils).

I think I was just craving fresh produce still. I didn't think I'd really missed salads but when I had the stuff around I was suddenly needing all the salad, all the time. Fortunately there are plenty of delicious salads to have. Do you have a favorite winter salad?

Comments

  1. Look at that! Jam-packed! Nice! What a meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely nice! One of the bad things about the intermittent shopping I do is that I don't very often get to eat fresh bananas, so it's always exciting when I get to have them.

      Delete
  2. For colder month salads, I tend towards those with grains and root vegetables in them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are good, too! I am not much into green leafy things most of the time. Some of my favorite salads are carrot-based. Do you have a favorite to share?

      Delete
    2. I will consult my books! My brain is mush at the moment and I can't remember much of anything.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts