Sequestration Meal #394

 


So many peppers were still left, so I decided to make some red pepper pasta. I had all the ingredients for this recipe from Vegan Heaven, except the fresh parsley (but I had dried), fresh garlic (but I had jarred), and fettucine (but I had pasta). I figured it would work, and it did. Sometimes, you just have to improvise a little.

I found this really tasty, but not really adequate as a meal. I would normally have had this as a side, but I was feeling pretty lousy when I made it and all I had in me was used up on this simple dish. For some reason, it didn't occur to me to stick a frozen vegan protein in the oven with the peppers and onions; that would have improved matters. So instead I ate a handful of peanuts after my pasta, and called it good until dinner.

Although I would never presume to give people dietary or medical advice, in this case I would like to suggest--within the confines of the dictates of your own medical providers--that you not do as I did and have a proper meal!

Comments

  1. This is right up my alley! I totally want some right now! Comfort Meal for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts