Sequestration Meal #390

 


Peppers must be eaten, so here's the most pepper I would typically eat at once: A stuffed pepper (the gist of the recipe is this one from Nora Cooks), mashed potatoes, and steamed broccoli. 

It was delicious. It was everything you could want in a meal. It was the thing that motivated me to buy a family pack of bell peppers in the first place before being given a bunch more and I ended up with 14 bell peppers. I love how stuffed peppers elevate the humble bell pepper from the background to the main event. I love how colorful all this is. I love that it's pretty allergy friendly (lots of soy here, because these are stuffed with TVP and seasoned with soy sauce, but you would otherwise not need to worry about major allergens--no nuts, no gluten). 

And I also love that I had an excuse to have my oven on for an hour, because it was only about 15 degrees Fahrenheit outside (that's about -10 for those of you using Celsius). Stay warm. Stay toasty. And eat peppers.

Life is not what we planned, but it has its moments.

Comments

  1. -10 degrees celcius is a terrible temperature! I would be doing my best to stay warm and toasty, but obvously not eating peppers. Many cups of very hot herbal teas, I imagine. I can't actually imagine, because I have never been anywhere that was that cold. Especially during the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that common for it to be this cold here, but it's also not all that unusual for January or February. If I wear a mask outside, the moisture in my breath freezes to the mask and I have to take it off because one can't breathe through ice. Just another pandemic lesson!

      Delete
    2. That looks like an awesome stuffed pepper to me! Nice job! We had a low of -12 below over the weekend. Brrrrr!

      Delete
    3. It was a really cold weekend here, too! But it seems to be warming up a bit.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts