Sequestration Meal #388

 


I'm aware this looks a bit weird; I made the mistake of putting way too much sauce on before the photo was taken. I mean, I probably would have eaten that much sauce anyway, but for presentation purposes I could have used a lighter hand. But it was tasty and I regret nothing.

This is some quinoa with veggies (mushroom, onion, bell pepper, and tomatoes) and Minimalist Baker's recipe for Shawarma cauliflower steaks with green chutney. It had been way too long since I'd had cauliflower steak, and I had cilantro and avocado on hand, so why not?

I had planned to make cauliflower steaks when I was at the store about two weeks before I made this, but all they had were kind of small heads; I bought them anyway. I didn't end up with cauliflower steaks so much as hunks o'cauliflower, which is covered up partly by the sauce. But they were delicious hunks o'cauliflower and this was really lovely. What it was not, unfortunately, was satiating, but I solved that problem by scarfing down a muffin with soy milk for dessert. 

This is, incidentally, another allergy-friendly powerhouse--no gluten, nuts, or soy here.

Comments

  1. I always go back for extra sauce after I take a photo, I like a hefty sauce ratio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually, I am sensible in that regard, too. For some reason this time I wasn't.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts