Sequestration Meal #386

 


When I was at the store, I bought a family-sized pack of bell peppers. I planned to do various things, including making some stuffed peppers in a week or two. Then, a neighbor ignored my warnings that the restaurant supply company she was ordering from was going to give her things in much larger quantities than she could use, and she showed up on New Year's Day and presented me with six red bell peppers (among other things). So I had 14 bell peppers. Although peppers last quite a while in the fridge, this is going to mean an endless parade of peppers this month. But at least that means trying a few new things.

Here, I tried a recipe for stir-fried zucchini and red peppers I found online to have with rice and my own recipe for double fruit glazed tofu. That tofu goes with practically everything, plus it's really simple to prepare. The stir fry was too spicy for me because it really should not have requested that many red pepper flakes, but we live and learn. It's no biggie.

And somehow I have still posted every day this week in spite of my warnings. Go figure me out. But thanks for all of your support.

Please let me know what your favorite bell pepper recipes are. I'm swimming in peppers over here.

Comments

  1. I am afraid I can offer no help in what the best capsicum recipes might be, because to me the only good capsicum is a dead one. And by dead I mean obliterated into some tasty paprika powder.
    14 capsicums is like my nightmare! But I know I am in the minority, so I am sure there are lots and lots of fun things you can do with your devil vegetables. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of peppers! But I'm getting used to having peppers with everything. I remember that you aren't fond of them so maybe this won't be a good month for you to be reading about my food. Just mentally remove them from my meals and you'll be okay, probably!

      Delete
  2. Oh wow! That's a great gift of red peppers! I would LOVE that. I'm a BIG fan of red peppers and other colors of sweet peppers, too. I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with. This dish looks grand, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What would you do with this many peppers? My own were other colors, so I do have a variety of shades!

      Delete
    2. Various dips, spreads, vegan cheeses, sauces. Also...stir fries, stuffed peppers, salads, stand-alone with dip as a yummy snack/sliced. Casseroles. Mix with Quinoa, Rice, do buddha bowls, OMG so many things :)

      Delete
  3. i do appreciate hearing your voice regularly so thanks for posting. You do inspire me to keep going when at times it feels like "too much".

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great!
    In summer, when I’m swimming in peppers, I prep and freeze several bags. Also, a soy curl cheesesteak would be divine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, soy curl cheesesteaks sound great! And I happen to have hot dog buns around--not ideal, but they'll definitely work. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts