Monbento Original #49 (Double Tier)

 


Salad again! This one is lettuce, tomato, cucumber, and yellow bell pepper with Bac'n pieces and a quick dressing made from a mixture of Vegenaise and light Italian dressing. This is served with leftovers: A broccoli-rice casserole I'd made that has lots of other veggies in it (carrots, onions, peppers, and mushrooms) and some ginger orange-glazed tofu.

The casserole was one of those things that I adore but only get when I end up with odds and ends. I'd made a broccoli soup recipe that was delicious but I just didn't want to eat it as soup again, so I mixed it with rice, more veggies, some Daiya cheese, and some seasoned salt, then topped it all off with a bit of melted vegan butter mixed with crushed crackers I had kept in a bag after dropping the box and smashing them by accident a while ago. The original soup was made with cashews, so it had a nice, creamy texture that went perfectly in the casserole. The sad thing about these delicious casseroles is that they are not at all photogenic, so you have to take my word for it. But please do. It was amazing.

It was on this day, I think, that my employer announced that we'd be trying a different work schedule due to the sharp increase in COVID cases, so I'll be working from home a lot more than on site in the coming weeks. This means fewer packed lunches, but some opportunities to make some good things at home. Sequestration meals are at times the best parts of this endless slog, because I share them with you, so I'm looking forward to that. Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. Slog. I might have to borrow that word. Hang in there. My post today was less than upbeat - that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it isn't my word, so you can use it any time you want! It just works so well--these days make up something that is unquestionably a SLOG.

      Delete
  2. I am sorry cases are spiking again, I hope working from home will keep you safe. Our cases are jumping up and up and up, but no working from home for me alas. Those N95s are unpleasant to wear, but worth it for the safety!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't work entirely from home, but for this month it's about 50% of the time from home. It's not easy to be on site, and it's not easy to be at home. I am definitely committed to my N95 and KN95 masks. At least I know at this point that if I get COVID, there would literally be nothing else I could have done to prevent it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts