Monbento Square #36 (Single Tier)

 


I had a couple of my pakoras and some of the sauce left, plus some extra rice I'd cooked for my stuffed peppers but hadn't used yet, and that was a great basis for making a lunch! I decided to make Indian-style fried rice (recipe from Holy Cow Vegan) with some of my cooked rice to go with my pakoras. (I got to use more peppers that way!) (Incidentally, this is also rice and beans. All vegans eat is rice and beans, you know.)

This called for way more cayenne than I would find bearable, so I cut that down by half; it was edible and tasty that way but still pretty strong for me. But that was good, because it helped keep me warm during my solo car picnic. On this day, the weather was truly disgusting, so I felt colder than usual--it was fully overcast and alternating between a very cold rain and snow. Usually the sun warms my car somewhat but not on this day. So spicy food it is!

Under other conditions, I'd want raita to save me from that--and I even have some plain non-dairy Greek yogurt here so I could have made some!--but you can't have everything in the world. It's okay. We do what we can do. And this isn't bad for the first day of the fourth week without going to the grocery store, am I right?

Comments

  1. Very good for so long away from a grocery store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would very much prefer to go more frequently, but I'm grateful to be eating well in spite of it.

      Delete
  2. You are kickin' butt and takin' names with the eating from your pantry challenge! Woot! Woot! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Less a pantry challenge than an avoiding-the-store challenge, but I guess either way the same skills would apply! Thanks!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts