A Review of New Things I've Tried #39 (Snacks Edition)

I typically prepare most of what I eat, but I will take a prepared snack now and again. Sweet, salty, spicy? They're all here.


1. Wegmans Kettle Cooked Maui Onion Chips


I have no idea what this is supposed to have to do with Maui, but these are really good chips! It can be hard to find flavored chips without dairy in them, and I always get excited when I find exceptions to that rule. These have a nice onion flavor, kind of like sour cream and onion chips without the sour cream.

2. Good & Gather Cinnamon Granola


It's not always easy to find packaged vegan granola, so just like with the dairy-free chips, I snap up granolas that are free from honey when they turn up around me. This one is a great basic granola, good for all your general granola applications.

3. Fire Roasted Tomato & Olive Oil Triscuits


These were a random gift from a friend, and I'm glad she introduced me to them! I am in love with these crackers. I wasn't expecting much but the flavor is amazing, especially with some non-dairy cheese. I love plain Triscuits, of course, but just like with plain potato chips there's something more exciting about also getting to have a flavor at times. I'm so glad these don't have dairy in them.

4. Nuts.com Crystallized Ginger


Though I bought this crystallized ginger mostly to chop up and put in things, it's also a nice thing to have on its own. It's chewy, spicy, and sweet--virtually irresistible, really! Ginger is something that I am always trying to get more of, so having it as a snack is a no-brainer.

5. Bear Mango Fruit Rolls


I remember when "Fruit by the Foot" came out. It was a weird ad campaign but the product was fun. I haven't had anything like that in ages--"fruit leather," I think it's called?--so when a friend sent these to me I was intrigued. I really liked this! I hardly ever even think about fruit snacks, but they're nice to have at times.

6. Cape Cod Sweet & Spicy Jalapeño Kettle Chips


Cape Cod is one of the few brands I've found that doesn't put dairy in non-dairy-flavored potato chips, which is always nice. I don't really often want something like this to be spicy, but every now and then it's nice to get that kick. These are mildly spicy and have a nice sweetness, too. 

7. From the Ground Up Parmesan-Flavored Butternut Squash Crackers


The original version of these crackers already reminded me of Cheez-Its, so when they started coming out with flavors that deliberately tasted of cheese, I had to have 'em. I loved these little crackers as a nice, salty evening snack when I was feeling munchy but didn't want to expend any effort whatsoever pulling anything together. They're perfect, cheesy little crunchy things. and I highly recommend them.

8. Wegmans Blue Corn Tortilla Chips


There is nothing remarkable about these--they're just tortilla chips--but it would be bad if there were anything remarkable about tortilla chips. I like that they are a good-sized bag for a good price locally, and I have no complaints.

9. Shriver's Salt Water Taffy


I can't claim to understand what New Jersey people consider beach food (or "shore" food, I guess?), but salt water taffy is a joy, so I'll take it! A co-worker brought this back for me from a trip she took to Ocean City. Shriver's is always my favorite salt water taffy. The flavors taste like what they are supposed to be, and there are some surprising combinations in there that probably held over from a long, long time ago, like molasses mint (which is amazing, by the way). The good news (totally not sponsored here, I promise!) is that Shriver's ships nationwide, in case you don't have the chance to visit Ocean City or have connections like I did!

10. Kedem Cappuccino Tea Biscuits


I like coffee-flavored things, although I hate coffee itself, so I picked these up. They're a fine basic tea biscuit but I think I prefer vanilla or orange flavors.


Do you have any new favorite snacks?

Comments

  1. I've been experimenting with a lot of new to me flavours of chips recently.

    Those butternut squash parmesan crackers sound amazing.

    I have never had salt water taffy. Is it chewy or crunchy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salt water taffy is really chewy! It gets stuck in one's teeth, but it's worth it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts