Temari Rabbit 2-Tier Bento Bowl #38

 


A straightforward lunch: I tossed some cooked protein-boosted penne with homemade spinach and basil pesto and some chopped tomatoes, and had that with apple slices, crunchy peanut butter, and a chunk of a GoMaxGo Jokerz bar (i.e., vegan Snickers).

Although basil is not cheap, and you need a lot of it to make pesto (although this had half spinach), and you also need pine nuts and I used some vegan Parmesan, such that this is a decadent sauce on one level, you also don't need very much pesto for your pasta. I don't think this is something I'd have all the time, but it's nice to have in the summer now and then. Fundamentally, it's delicious, and I enjoyed my lunch on this day.

Comments

  1. Consider growing your own basil. It’s a really low maintenance plant. Also I have found walnuts, or really most nuts are good pine nut substitutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I can make pesto all sorts of ways, but sometimes what I want is this. I love a good arugula walnut pesto, for example. As for growing my own plants, it doesn't work out for me (been there, done that, didn't work), but I've figured out that if I buy my herbs periodically, it's the sort of thing I want in my entertainment budget--cheaper than renting a movie, and I enjoy it more!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts