Sequestration Meal #453

 


Sometimes, I just want something "easy," and what I mean by "easy" isn't necessarily that it's quick or even that I have to fiddle with it less, but just that I don't have to think so hard about it. (I guess I mean that I sometimes just don't have the head space for choosing and following recipes, or something?)

In any case, this meal was partially a result of me not having the head space to even meal plan all that much, so when I was at the store I picked up some Tofurky Italian sausages, and those were the basis of this meal: Mashed potatoes, sausage and peppers, and green beans with tomatoes. For the green beans, I did end up semi-following a recipe--this one from Dinner Mom--because I guess given that it is tomato season I have the urge to put tomatoes in lots of things.

This was really delicious, and I'm glad I made it. It's nothing that remarkable but it is a really good stand by for me. I always underestimate the amount of onions and peppers to cook, though--my leftovers are going to be more sausage-heavy. That's okay. I'll try to remember that next time. I will probably not succeed, and that's okay, too. Life isn't perfect, as Mr. Rogers said, so the most we can ask of ourselves is our best in any given moment, which may change from day to day.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts