What I Ate in a Day #16

I just did one of these, but maybe I'm on a roll? Or maybe individual meals have been less compelling than a full day this week.


Breakfast was half a banana, sliced and drizzled with homemade blueberry syrup, a cup of herbal tea, and a bowl of leftover quinoa porridge with peaches and pumpkin seeds. This was pretty great, actually; I am a big fan of having my morning banana with homemade fruity syrups.


Lunch was a pretty straightforward tofu eggless salad sandwich (spinach, tomato, and cucumber slices ready to be put into the sandwich at lunchtime) on multigrain toast, strawberry halves, and a few Pringles. They now have dairy in all Pringles flavors except the original, but I have some alternatives on my list of things to try, and for some reason all this thought about Pringles made me buy Pringles.


For dinner, I cooked some penne to toss with some of my leftover cashew-based nacho cheese sauce and I had some of my leftover black beans with that, as well as a summer squash, zucchini, and tomato stir fry. I was impatient with the vegetables and they weren't as good as they usually are, but it was still tasty.

Not pictured, I had a multivitamin, an algae-based DHA supplement, some iced herbal tea, a glass of soy milk, and a maple cookie. Although I did not photograph the maple cookie on this day, here is what said cookie looked like, if you would like to admire it.


Thanks for all your kind thoughts in these challenging times; I hope we all find our way through soon.


Comments

  1. That is so annoying about the pringles! Thankfully we have a couple of good flavours here that are vegan. They very nicely have a little vegan box with a tick mark on those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have some similar options that are not Pringles but are very much like Pringles, and are vegan. The thing is I really wasn't eating Pringles until I realized I couldn't eat them and that suddenly made me want them.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts