Sequestration Meal #455

 


A while ago, I learned--somehow--that Japan has come up with a version of spaghetti that involves a ketchup-based sauce, and as soon as I learned that I vowed to find a way to make it. Japanese ketchup spaghetti? Yes, please! I found a vegan recipe after a bit of searching (at Okonomi Kitchen), got the ingredients, and whipped it up.

Japanese ketchup spaghetti isn't just spaghetti and ketchup, obviously; it's an onion/garlic/bell pepper/mushroom blend with sausage slices with spaghetti and a sauce made from ketchup (duh), milk, Worcestershire sauce, and soy sauce. I used soy milk, Tofurky sausages, and Annie's Worcestershire, and I topped it off with Violife Parmesan; the rest is ordinarily vegan anyway, most of the time.

It was pretty good! I think I might want more soy sauce in the sauce next time, but I would probably make this again. I love sausage with onions and peppers anyway, so this is just another fun way to eat them.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts