Sequestration Meal #456

 


I had some fresh basil left from other things, and I wanted to make pesto, but I wasn't in the mood for pasta, so I veganized this recipe from Wildflour's Cottage Kitchen for lemon pesto Parmesan rice with baby peas. Alongside that, I had some steamed carrots and a cutlet-sized version of the smoky tofu from this recipe

I used about half spinach and half basil in my pesto, which I've never done before, and now I'll probably always do that--spinach is cheaper, and also, it makes the sauce a gorgeous green, but it doesn't make it any less delicious. I really enjoyed this rice recipe! I think next time I would add some onions and garlic, but it was pretty tasty as it was.

The smoky tofu is so good, and I was right when I thought it would be delicious outside its original context. It's also really quick and easy--no need to marinate, just press--so this came together well on a day I wasn't that keen on spending a lot of time in the kitchen.

Although this was a rough day--I had a lot of hard-to-manage things going on--I thought a good meal would really help, and it definitely did.

Comments

  1. This looks lovely, the rice sounds perfect. I love spinach in pesto as well, espedcially as getting enough basil for some pesto recipes can be expensive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't fully understand the price of basil, but it's a nice treat now and then! There is also the option of arugula-walnut pesto, which is significantly less expensive, but it just isn't quite as transcendent, I guess.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts