Lunchopolis #93

 


It's the season to eat all the fruit and all the tomatoes and all the cucumbers, so that explains this meal: A very elaborate fruit salad made of nectarines, golden cherries, blackberries, strawberries, red grapes, blueberries, and kiwi; Triscuits with two kinds of non-dairy cheese (Violife cheddar and Good Planet pepperjack); a tomato-cucumber salad with basil; and some Field Roast mushroom and balsamic vinegar deli slices.

I was really content with this! I think this kind of tomato salad doesn't really pack all that well and I should have waited to salt it until I was ready to eat it, but it was still delicious. Seriously, so, so good, but also very simple--tomatoes, cucumber, white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and some fresh basil, then a sprinkling of flaky sea salt. So good.

In July, I indulge in all the fruit I want; it's a lovely month full of delicious things. I will be frugal when there aren't in-season berries and stone fruit around. And now I don't worry about buying strawberries because I can make them last well over a week--just put them in glass jars as soon as you get home, and they stay beautifully fresh. I don't know what wizardry that is but it works. So you're welcome.

Triscuits with cheese and deli slices are self-explanatory, but also delicious. So yes, I had to go in to work in person, but a meal like this just might make that okay!

Comments

  1. I love how colourful this is, it is just a delight to look at! I have become a big fan of those mushroom balsamic field roast slices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're pricier than other options so I rarely buy them, but they are definitely delicious! Not a mock meat so much as a whole other category of food.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts