Sequestration Meal #450

 


This looks more like a pile of random things than I intended, but eh, it was a tasty pile of things. It starts with a bed of baby spinach. On top of that, we have pickled red onion, cucumbers, red pepper, and zucchini carrot chickpea fritters (recipe from Vegan Richa). The next layer is a generous drizzle of homemade herby lemon tahini sauce, then a sprinkling of fresh cilantro.

This is one of my few efforts to join the "bowl" trend, and I think part of the issue is that this isn't the right type of bowl. It's low and wide, yes, but the rim may be throwing off my presentation. Hmm.

All that aside, I really enjoyed this. The fritters are one of those things I discovered in my early vegan life. They were there for me, and I am fond of them for that. They're also great in summer, when zucchini is plentiful and I can get a lot of other good veggies to serve with them.

Further, this is a Top 8 Allergen free meal, if you want more ideas for that! I didn't even think about that until after I was halfway through my dinner. But I'm glad to show another option, for those who may need it.

I keep telling myself I need to do a no-spend cycle and clear the decks a bit but I'm far too into fresh produce at the moment to find that appealing. Does this kind of thing cause issues for anyone else?

Comments

  1. I've been working on a clear the decks, but I make exceptions for fresh produce. I have so many vegan meats, grains, pastas, sauces that I need to work through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think for now I've accepted that I can't clear the decks in high summer, but I'll need to really focus on that when fall begins to deepen. But in the meantime I will try to use what I have where I can! It's just not something I can manage at the moment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts