Sequestration Meal #454

 


This is not summery at all but once I ran across the recipe I was dying to make it: Curried mashed pumpkin with spicy lentils at Full of Plants. I used canned pumpkin and brown lentils because that's what I had, and garnished it as directed, with red onion, pine nuts, and cilantro.

You do really need the garnishes for texture contrast, especially the red onion, or else this is just a bowl of mush (although sometimes mush is good, too!). It is possible I love this because I love lentils, of course, but this really did elevate my usual lentil curry to a totally new experience, with bright colors and a fancy feel, so I'll call it a win. I would probably prefer rice with this, but it's nice to try new things now and again.

I tagged this as gluten free because my soy sauce was Bragg's Liquid Aminos, but do be sure to read the ingredients on your soy sauce if you're avoiding gluten.

Comments

Popular Posts