Monbento Original #62 (Single Tier)

 


This is a slightly sad story, but a great meal: Pinwheels made from Mission's vegan protein tortillas, sweet potato hummus, Tofurky ham slices, spinach, red bell pepper, and black olives; homemade vegan ranch dip; and carrots, cucumber, and red bell pepper strips for dipping.

The sadness comes in when I left this lunch sitting in my kitchen, went to work, and ended up spending nearly $8 on a bag of cashews, a bag of Thai sweet chili Doritios, and a ginger ale for lunch at 7-11. But I ate the meal for dinner when I got home and that was nice. I haven't left my lunch at home in ages, so I'll just chalk it up to the stresses I'm currently under.

Here's hoping I remember to bring my lunch next week!

Comments

  1. Ooops! At least you had it waiting for you when you got home. Glad you could at least find something to eat for lunch, even though it had to be a random expensive 7-11 mishmash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time I'll go somewhere else--years ago (when I was in this pickle) the 7-Eleven had things like pretzels and hummus packs, peanut crackers, etc., but this time around it was pretty awful for vegan selection. But I will also go back to carrying a protein bar like a sensible person!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts