Monbento Square #43 (Single Tier)

 


Leftovers for which you have not seen the original: Steamed rice, beefless beef and broccoli (recipe from The Nut Free Vegan), a version of Korean cucumber salad using gochujang rather than gochugaru, pickled red cabbage with black sesame seeds, and peanut butter carrot salad (recipe from Cinnamon Society). When I made all this I meant for it to be easy; it wasn't as easy as I would have hoped. But it did make for really easy to pack bentos with the leftovers!

The Gardein beefless tips reappeared in my local stores; they took the place of some other things I loved but hey, it's important to appreciate what we can, where we can. And it was broccoli season, so that means time for "beef" and broccoli!

This is obviously a very Americanized version of Asian food, but I really enjoyed it. It was a good balance of colors and flavors. The greens were more vibrant when I had them the first day, but you can't have everything.

My February goals have gone so much better than the January goals did, and although I have hit a rough patch here and there, I'm finding my footing again. Here's hoping I keep it. How are all of you doing?

Comments

  1. I can't believe February is over. It is the 1st of March here, which is the start of autumn in Australia. I am hoping for cooler times to come, though I know it will still be a while yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what it's like to long for cooler weather that seems never to come! Hang in there and have some end-of-summer fruit for me. The only seasonal produce that hasn't been around all winter that I'll get in March are turnips and radishes. They're lovely, of course, but it's hard to get excited about them! Much more exciting to grab figs and okra, right? Of course I have no idea whether your seasonal produce aligns in the same way as mine so I'm just guessing here.

      Delete
    2. It is fig season but I can't eat them because they give me ulcers. But I am enjoing the end of summer peaches and plums, and we are starting to get some autumn pears in season as well. So good.

      Delete
    3. Oh, peaches! I'm really looking forward to peaches!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts