What I Ate in a Day #21

I know how much you enjoy these, though I rarely have the appropriate lighting, etc. to pull it off! For reasons that will be come clear as you read this, though, I had good lighting for every photo. (Which is not to say that they're all great photos; let's be real here. Just that they're good representations of what the food actually looked like.) Also, your usual disclaimer: I'm not a medical doctor and can't give medical advice; this is what I ate in a day, but it might not be what you should eat in a day.

On this day I was pretty wrung out, and I relied on leftovers and convenience.

Breakfast was a sandwich made from some leftover broccoli pesto, a folded JUST Egg patty, a veggie sausage patty, and non-dairy cheese and a banana caramel smoothie. I made the smoothie with some leftover caramel sauce I'd made for a latte recipe a few days before. This was pretty good; I had a similar breakfast most days this week.


Although I don't eat the work-supplied lunches very often (and there aren't work-supplied lunches very often, anyway), this time they had something I could take with me after a meeting to eat in my car that was actually pretty good. There was a rather large bag of plain potato chips (I ate about 1/3 of it) and a hummus/avocado/sprouts wrap. Because of this, I saved what I'd packed for lunch for dinner.

Dinner was leftovers I'd packed for lunch: Rice, gochujang soy curls, some stir-fried bell peppers and onions with soy sauce and ketchup sauce, and beet salad.

Not pictured, I also had a few cups of herbal tea, a multivitamin, and an algae-based DHA supplement.

Comments

  1. Always nice when a work supplied lunch has something you can actually eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a real surprise! The most frequent vegan offering is a dinner roll filled with cold cooked squash. Desserts have been literally canned apple pie filling sprinkled with brown sugar. (How they come up with this stuff is beyond me.)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts