Sequestration Meal #540

 


I've been wanting to make a supreme pizza for ages, and I finally managed to get it done. Do you ever drag things out like this? Honestly, I am a bit strange this way sometimes! When I had the liquid mozzarella and was making pizza every week, I had plans for supreme pizza, but then I couldn't get the vegan pepperoni.

But that's not important right now. What's important is that I managed to get some pepperoni, and I had some Italian blend non-dairy cheese shreds, so it was time. And here we are. But this is more of an ultra supreme than just plain supreme, as it was assembled as follows:

Thin crust pizza
Tomato basil sauce
Garlic
Onions
Peppers
Mushrooms
Spinach
Veggie sausage crumbles
Veggie pepperoni
Black olives
Non-dairy cheese

I cooked most of the veggies in advance, so they'd be at the appropriate level of doneness; I really planned this out well!

Strangely, though this was homemade, this tasted distinctly like a frozen pizza. I think the leftovers may be improved getting crisped up a bit more in my toaster oven. I was so confused! But you know, I liked frozen pizza, once upon a time when I would eat it (vegan pizzas are just way too pricey for me right now). I made some ranch dressing to go along with it, and I enjoyed my meal.

Comments

  1. I haven't made pizza for soooooo long! This looks great. Curious about how it tasted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Curious as in, curious that it tasted like it was a frozen pizza. Not curious as in asking how it tasted. Because you said that. Words, brains, you get it.

      Delete
    2. I think it was because my yeast didn't wake up and the dough didn't really rise, perhaps? Not sure.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts