Sequestration Meal #543

 


While we're in the height of cauliflower season, I wanted to have some cauliflower steaks. This time, though, I wanted to go in a new direction, so I made some lemon and garlicky white beans and kale on the side to boost the proteins, and made this recipe for chicken fried cauliflower and white savory gravy from The Vegan Caveman. Of course you also need mashed potatoes for that!

The gravy needed salt; I added it. Also, I think, as with most recipes for breading things, the recipe made way too much breading and milky batter, so I would cut down on that in the future. I think this would probably be more delicious with chickpea flour, but I am also biased toward chickpea flour. The cornmeal in this recipe was a really nice touch, though! And I had fun making it, which is good, because I rarely have any fun these days. (I'm telling you. Life: So not fun right now. But I'm taking steps to make it better, and I treasure the moments when I get a little ray of light, even if it is from breading cauliflower.)

Here's to a beautiful meal! And here's to dusting ourselves off and plunging onward.

Comments

  1. I have never breaded a cauliflower steak before! Have I even made a cauliflower steak? Glad you are finding some enjoyment with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I generally prefer a roasted cauliflower steak, but this works, too!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts